The most common question we are asked concerns stopping water, preventing future water damage and reducing moisture and vapor. With the proximity of a basement to the water table it is extremely common for basements to flood, or have water seeping through the walls. There is nothing worse then walking down to your finished basement just to see a wet wall or soaked carpet. The trouble of having to rip up the carpet and tear down the walls is costly and time consuming not to mention the damage to furniture and decor. So what is the best method of preventing this disastrous situation from happening to you?
Lithi-Tek 9500 is a spray applied, liquid, penetrating sealer that chemically reacts with the calcium silicate hydrate in concrete and with the carbon dioxide in the air. The blend of silicates and siliconates is one of the most innovative solutions utilizing molecular nanotechnology for deeper penetration and the most even disbursement of sealer. Through densification all interior pores, voids and tracts are filled and sealed while a hydrophobic barrier at the surface prevents the penetrating of water. Available in an industry first ultra concentrate the Lithi-Tek 9500 is a very cost effective option since 1 gallon mixes with 4 gallons of water to make 5 gallons of sealer. The MSRP retail of 1 ultra concentrated gallon of Lithi-Tek 9500 is $99.88 (which breaks down to less than $20 a gallon after it is mixed with water)
Other benefits of using this industry leading sealer include:
- Reduces water and moisture intrusion
- Becomes an integral part of the concrete, forming a complete body of strength and durability with 100% of the results occurring below the surface.
- Penetrates deeply and seals concretes capillary tracts and shrinkage cracks preventing the growth of mold and mildew and the spread of radon.
- Resists high hydrostatic pressure.
- Resists the spread of water vapor transmission.
- Increases concretes compressive strength
- Combats Alkali Silica Reaction (ASR).
- Efflorescence attacks are prevented.
- Seals hairline and shrinkage cracks rather than merely masking or bridging them.
- Waterproofing and chemical-resistance properties remain intact even if the surface is damaged.
- Dries clear. The color and look of the concrete will not change after sealing resulting in 100% transparent and non-slip surfaces.
- Easy to apply, labor-cost effective.
- Nontoxic, Low VOCs and no harmful fumes.