Avoid contact with skin, eyes and clothing. Wash hands after use and do not take internally. Please refer to the product Safety Data Sheet (SDS) before using. The preparation process should be followed to ensure adequate penetration and optimum performance:
The concrete substrate must be structurally sound and clean.
Remove all paints, previous sealers and/or adhesives before application.
The substrate must be clean of oil, grease, dirt, wax, curing compounds, efflorescence and other contaminants that might interfere with the penetration of the sealer.
If acid is used to clean the concrete, neutralize the surface completely and rinse it with water prior to application. Then wait for the concrete to dry out for at least 24-48 hours.
Cover all surrounding areas not intended to be coated.
New concrete must be cured for at least 28 days before sealing.
Wash the entire concrete surface with a clean rag and fresh water. Don’t scrub the concrete. Small particles of grit trapped in the fabric can scratch the concrete's polished surface. Make sure that all dust and dirt are rinsed off the countertop surface.
Use a fresh clean rag and saturate the entire concrete surface with clean water allowing water to penetrate for 2 minutes while keeping the entire surface saturated.
In a 1/2 gallon bucket or container, mix equal parts of clean water and sealer. For example: mix 1 cup of sealer with 1 cup of water. This will create a 50% dilution.
Using the same rag as Step 2, saturate the countertop with this mixture, while keeping the solution continuously moving, ensuring that the entire surface stays wet for 5 minutes. Do not allow any area of the surface to dry out.
Next add additional sealer and water to the remaining mixture at 3:1 ratio. For example add 3/4 cup of sealer and 1/4 cup water to remaining 50/50 mixture.
Saturate the concrete surface with the sealer mixture keeping the it moving for 5 minutes adding additional mixture as needed to ensure the surface of the concrete does not dry.
Completely wring out the rag you have been using in Steps 2-6 and wipe up excess puddling or pooling. To avoid streaking wipe the surface in long straight strokes leaving an extremely paper thin layer of sealer remaining! Do not wipe the surface dry, allow the thin layer of remaining sealer to slowly soak into the concrete.
Apply a second coat (starting again from Step 6) 30 minutes after you have completed step 7. Allow the countertop to dry for 24 hours.
After the countertop has dried for 24 hours, place a drop of water on a few areas of the sealed surface and allow it to sit for 5 minutes. Wipe up the water. If the concrete has darkened beneath the water drop, the concrete isn't fully sealed: repeat Steps 3-8. Depending on how porous your concrete surface is, you may need up to 6 applications before the surface is completely sealed.
- Work in an area with relatively still air. Breezy or drafty environments can cause the sealer to prematurely dry, creating unwanted steaks.
- Do not attempt to seal under radiant heat or sunlight. Any source of radiant heat will cause the sealer to prematurely dry, creating unwanted streaks.
- Practice on a sample piece of concrete before attempting to seal an entire concrete project.
- Do not use on concrete tables that have been sealed with a manufacturers wax or sealer.
- Use a concrete wax in addition to Countertop Sealer 660 for added shine and longevity.
- Water repellency may take up to 7 days to develop.
- Maintenance: The concrete surface can be cleaned with mild soap and water. No citrus or vinegar-based products should be used. Organic does not always mean “mild” and can include citrus ingredients that you’ll want to avoid.
What do you mix the concentrate with? The Countertop 660 is mixed with water.
What is the difference between the Countertop 660 and the Countertop 7700? The Countertop 660 is a water based acrylic countertop sealer that will leave a low sheen finish. The Countertop 770 is a penetrating countertop sealer that will leave a natural finish.
Where can I buy this product? The Countertop 660 is available through a number of distributors found on our distributor page.