Countertop Sealer 770 is a concentrated product that needs to be mixed with water prior to application. We recommend using a bucket to mix the sealer. Pour the 16 oz. container of Countertop Sealer 770 into a bucket.
Next fill up the bucket with 48 oz. of water (distilled water is preferred*). (Countertop Sealer 770 can be mixed in smaller quantities as long as the one (1) part Countertop Sealer 770 to three (3) parts water ratio is followed. For example, one (1) cup Countertop Sealer 770 can be mixed with three (3) cups of water).
*Distilled water is highly recommended for reconstitution since minerals in tap water can have adverse reactions or cause discolorations in treated concrete. Tap water can be used if first tested for compatibility.
Stir the Countertop Sealer 770 and water mixture well before using.
Dip either a small nap roller or brush into the bucket of mixed material.
Roll or brush one coat onto the countertop.
Immediately apply a second coat to the countertop, while the first coat is still wet. Apply until the surface is saturated but not to the point of puddling. (Since the Countertop 770 is a hydrophobic product if you try to apply a second coat after the first coat has dried, the first coat may try to repel the second coat).
Roll or brush out any puddles until the sealer penetrates the substrate.
When the entire application has been treated with two (2) coats, let the concrete dry for at least six (6) hours before light use and at least 24 hours before placing objects back on the countertop and normal everyday use.
Clean up: Application tools can be cleaned using soap and water.
Unused or old material may be disposed of in a waste disposal site in accordance with local, state and federal laws.
- Before application test the sealer by applying in an inconspicuous area to ensure the desired coverage and appearance is achieved.
- Do not over apply.
- Prevent from getting on glazed and finished surfaces such as glass, aluminum etc. In case of contact flush immediately with water.
- Do not use on concrete that has been previously sealed without chemically etching or mechanically scarifying.
- Water repellency may take up to seven (7) days to develop.
- Maintenance: The concrete surface can be cleaned with mild soap and water. No citrus or vinegar-based products should be used. Organic does not always mean “mild” and can include citrus ingredients that you’ll want to avoid.