APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS SILOXA-TEK® 8500 CONCENTRATE
Siloxa-Tek® 8500 Ultra Concentrate is a concentrated product that needs to be mixed with water prior to application. We recommend using a five (5) gallon bucket to mix the sealer. Pour the one (1) gallon container of Siloxa-Tek 8500 Ultra Concentrate into a five (5) gallon bucket.
Next fill up the bucket with four (4) gallons of water (distilled water is preferred). (Siloxa-Tek® 8500 Ultra Concentrate can be mixed in smaller quantities as long as the one (1) part Siloxa-Tek® 8500 Ultra Concentrate to four (4) parts water ratio is followed. For example, one (1) cup Siloxa-Tek® 8500 Ultra Concentrate can be mixed with four (4) cups of water, or a half (1/2) gallon of Siloxa-Tek® 8500 Ultra Concentrate can be mixed with two (2) gallons of water).
Stir the Siloxa-Tek® 8500 Ultra Concentrate and water mixture well before using.
If spray applying, pour the mixed material into a sprayer. If roll applying, dip a 3/8" nap roller into the bucket of mixed material.
Spray or roll one coat onto an area of approximately 100 square feet.
Immediately apply a second coat to the same 100 square foot area, while the first coat is still wet. You may walk on the first coat to apply the second coat. Apply until the surface is saturated but not to the point of puddling. (Since the Siloxa-Tek® 8500 Ultra Concentrate is a hydrophobic product if you try to apply a second coat after the first coat has dried, the first coat may try to repel the second coat).
Roll or broom out any puddles until the sealer penetrates the substrate.
After the first area has been treated move on to the next 100 square foot section and apply two (2) coats following the wet-on-wet application method.
When the entire application has been treated with two (2) coats, let the concrete dry for at least six (6) hours before walking, 24 hours before driving, and protect the concrete from rain for at least 24-48 hours after sealing.
Clean up: Application tools can be cleaned using soap and water.
If over-spray occurs it should be cleaned and removed immediately after sealing.
Unused or old material may be disposed of in a waste disposal site in accordance with local, state and federal laws.
- Before application test the sealer by applying in an inconspicuous area to ensure the desired coverage and appearance is achieved.
- Do not over apply.
- Prevent from getting on glazed and finished surfaces such as glass, aluminum etc. In case of contact flush immediately with water.
- Does not prevent equipment leaks or other leaks such as oil, hydraulic fluid etc. Use the Siloxa-Tek® 8505 or Siloxa-Tek® 8510 for oil repellency and staining resistance.
- Do not use on concrete that has been previously sealed without chemically etching or mechanically scarifying.
- Water repellency may take up to seven (7) days to develop.