Siloxa-Tek ® 8500 is an advanced, high performance, industrial strength water based concrete/masonry water repellent solution designed to reduce water and moisture intrusion. Approved by the Department of Transportation to protect a wide variety of mineral substrates including architectural concrete, concrete block, split face block, pavers, stucco, porous and dense brick, clay tile, exposed aggregate concrete, sandstone, and slate this unique formula incorporates leading molecular nanotechnology; putting an end to water and moisture migration through any porous cementitious substrate. Siloxa-Tek ® 8500 is a uniquely transparent, blended formula with added enzymes and surfactants that aide in accelerating a penetrating disbursement. Thus eliciting a more effective, uniformed reaction between the formula and the concrete / masonry substrate it’s being applied to. Siloxa-Tek ® 8500 provides a hydrophobic barrier beneath the surface and seals out moisture while remaining highly vapor permeable and chemically bonding with the substrate. The treated surfaces will show no change in visual appearance from application and the surface that will not chip, flake, delaminate or breakdown with UV light exposure.
How Does it Work? A water repellent impregnating sealer is a surface applied, invisible, non-film forming protection system, that can very effectively increase the durability of concrete. Due to the small size of the mono-molecular layer, there is little or no change in its aesthetic appearance. Compared to film forming coating systems, the surface applied water repellent impregnating sealer penetrates the surface pores and capillaries, so they are internally lined but not filled. Water repellent impregnating sealers change the surface tension of mineral substrates that produce a water repellent surface to keep water and aggressive water-soluble salts, such as chlorides and sulfates, out.
In structures on and below grade water should generally be kept out and away to prevent damage. The most pervasive form of concrete damage is surface scaling from freeze-thaw. Other forms of damage include alkali-silica reaction (ASR), chemical intrusion and corrosion of steel reinforcements. Siloxa-Tek ® 8500 can block up to 99% of surface moisture. The active ingredients seal the pores within the substrate adequately blocking surface moisture while still maintaining the concretes ability to breathe. It will not significantly modify substrate appearance or traction and will only wear away if the concrete surface itself wears away.
New or existing concrete can be treated and performance can be improved in as little as two applications. Backed by a 100-year warranty, Siloxa-Tek ® 8500 is a small investment that leads to long-term savings and improved performance.
- Concrete blocks, concrete cinderblocks, split-face block
- Driveways, sidewalks, parking garages, roof tiles and parking lots
- Stucco, brick, clay tile, slate, sandstone, pavers, exposed aggregate concrete
- Natural and artificial stone
- Vertical and horizontal, interior and exterior, new and old concrete surfaces
- Prevention from freeze-thaw attack and ASR by preventing the ingress of water.
- Prevents further damage to reinforced concrete by limiting the substrate water content, chloride and other aggressive salts.
- Provides increased protection as a hydrophobic barrier to prevent future penetration of water and soluble aggressive agents through a crack.
- Provides protection from spalling and pitting as a result of aggressive salts and chlorides.
- Alkali resistant.
- Freeze-thaw/de-icing salt resistant.
- UV resistant.
- Reduces vapor transmission.
- Water beading (water repellent effect).
- Reduction of dirt pick-up.
- Reduces risk of efflorescence.
- Protection against micro-organism growth
- Effective penetration depth.
- Seals pores and capillaries while remaining breathable.
- No change in appearance of the substrate; the treated surface does not become glossy.
- Tack free, durable finish.
- No formation of harmful by-products.
- Low VOC’s
- Supplied ready to use.
- Easy to Apply.
- DOT approved
- 100 Year Warranty
Color: Milky white, dries clear
Coverage: Up to 250 sq.ft per gallon
VOC’s: 90 g/L