Siloxa-Tek 8500 concrete sealer is available in a ready to use gallon or an ultra concentrated gallon. The ready to use gallon is NOT mixed with water. The ultra concentrated gallon is mixed with 4 gallons of distilled water.
- Make sure new concrete has been cured for 28 days
- Properly clean the concrete and make sure its dry
- If a previous sealer was used, remove it or make sure it has worn away
- Tools: 3/8” nap paint roller, sprayer, and/or paint brush
- Application temperature: 40F-95F
- Pour the 1 gallon of Siloxa-Tek 8500 concentrate into a 5 gallon bucket
- Also add 4 gallons of distilled water into the 5 gallon bucket
- Stir/mix well
- Pour into a sprayer or paint tray
- Apply one thin, even coat to an area of about 100 square feet or less.
- Immediately go back and apply a second coat while the first coat is still wet
You can walk on the first coat of the Siloxa-Tek 8500 while it is still wet to apply the second coat. A wet-on-wet application technique is used to drive penetration of the sealer into the concrete.
- Let the sealer dry for 6 hours before walking, 24 hours before allowing vehicle traffic and protect from rain for 24 hours.
SILOXA-TEK 8500 is our favorite concrete sealer to treat nearly any application. A proprietary blend of silane/siloxanes, this clear penetrating concrete sealer not only prevents deicing salt, chloride and freeze-thaw damage, but its hydrophobic nature resists moisture intrusion and vapor transmission. It dries completely clear with a natural finish that will not change the look or appearance of the susbtrate. This is the go to choice to seal any concrete, brick, or masonry based substrate especially driveways, basements, patios and garages.