- New “green” concrete must be properly cured. Concrete should obtain 80% of design strength, typically achieved within 14-28 days.
- The concrete substrate must be structurally sound and clean of oil, grease, dirt, wax, curing compounds, efflorescence, paints, previous sealers, adhesives and other contaminants that might interfere with the penetration of the sealer. Power wash, acid etch or mechanically scarify as necessary to achieve the desired surface condition. If acid was used to clean the concrete, neutralize the surface and rinse with water prior to application. Allow for proper dry time before application. The surface-zone moisture content of the concrete should not exceed 4% wt. Do not apply if standing water is visible.
- Surface and air temperatures must be at least 40°F during application. Surface and air temperatures should not exceed 95°F. Do not apply when temperatures are expected to fall below 32°F within 8 hours or when rain is expected within 12 hours following application. Keep material from freezing. If freezing conditions exist before application, let the substrate thaw before application. Do not apply during inclement weather or when inclement weather is expected within 12 hours.
- Crack, patching and expansion joint sealants can be applied before application; always test for compatibility and adhesion.
- Protect people, property, vehicles, window glass, roofing materials, plastic products, shrubbery, landscaping and all surfaces not set for treatment from overspray.
- Always test a small area before application to ensure desired performance, aesthetics, coverage rates and to verify application technique. Let test area dry thoroughly, 5-7 days, before inspection.
- Stir material throughly before and during application. Do not dilute or alter material for purposes other than specified.
- Apply with a solvent-resistant roller, brush or low-pressure, non- atomizing sprayer. Apply to saturation letting the first coat penetrate for 5-10 minutes. If applying a second coat, reapply in the same saturating manner wet-on-wet (applying the second coat before the first coat dries). Less material will be needed for the second coat. Roll or broom out any puddles until the sealer penetrates the substrate. If it starts to rain, stop treatment and cover the impregnated areas.
The concrete surface can be cleaned with mild soap and water. No citrus or vinegar-based products should be used. Organic does not always mean “mild” and can include citrus ingredients that you’ll want to avoid.
Typical drying time is 4-6 hours at 70°F and 50% relative humidity. Cooler temperatures or higher relative humidity can extend the drying time.
Clean equipment and tools with mineral spirits. Unused or old material may be disposed of in a waste disposal site in accordance with local, state and federal laws.
Avoid contact with skin, eyes and clothing, do not take internally. Use appropriate safety equipment during application and handling. Please refer to the safety data sheet (SDS) for additional precautionary instructions before use.
- Proper application is the responsibility of the user.
- Make sure the most current versions of technical data sheets and safety data sheets are being used.
- Do not use in immersion service or constant chemical exposure areas.
1 coat: 50 square feet per 16 oz. 2 coats: 25 square feet per 16 oz. Variations in texture and porosity of substrate will affect the coverage and performance of the product.