Make sure to avoid contact with skin, eyes and clothing. No respirator is needed when applying this product. Wash your hands after use and do not take internally. Please refer to the product Saftey Data Sheet (SDS) before using.
The preparation process should be followed to ensure adequate penetration and optimum performance of the sealer. The concrete substrate must be structurally sound, thoroughly dry and clean. Make sure to remove all paints, sealers and/or adhesives before application. The substrate must be clean of oil, grease, dirt, wax, curing compounds, efflorescence and other contaminants that might interfere with the penetration of the sealer. If you are using an acid to clean the concrete, neutralize the surface completely and rinse it with water prior to application. New concrete must be cured at least 28 days before applying Iso‐Tek® 8501. Prior to sealing check your local forecast to make sure that there are no impending threats of perception within 1 day of application. It is recommended the sealer be tested in an inconspicuous area to ensure the desired coverage and appearance is achieved.
Iso‐Tek® 8501 is best applied undiluted by a low pressure airless sprayer. A lambskin roller or brush can be used in smaller areas. The exact amount depends on the absorbency of the substrate. If the substrate is of high quality and hence not very absorbent, do not apply more than roughly 185 sq. ft. per gallon in one operation, as it may take several hours to penetrate completely. At higher application rates, the impregnating film might liquefy because of the concretes alkalinity and it might start to run off. Only impregnate concrete that has a uniformly dry surface with no damp patches. Should it suddenly start to rain, stop treatment and cover the impregnated areas.
- Iso‐Tek® 8501 should not come into direct contact with bitumen. The resistance of insulant against Iso-Tek® 8501 has to be determined dependent on temperature.
- Do not apply if rain is due on day of application
- Do not apply in direct sunlight resulting in temperatures outside of the application parameters
- Do not apply in high wind conditions (applies if utilizing airless sprayer and winds exceeding 35 mph)
- Do not apply if temperature is expected to fall below 41 degrees F