How to Seal Concrete Roof Tiles:
- The concrete roof tiles need to be clean, free of mold, mildew and organic growth. This can be achieved by pressure washing.
- Remove any previous sealers or coatings that have not worn away. This can be achieved with a chemical stripper or sealer remover.
- Make sure the concrete roof tiles are clean, dry and free of debris.
- Choose a day when the temeprature is within the application parameters of 50-90 degrees F.
- Choose a penetrating concrete sealer that will keep out any moisture and prevent any organic growth like mold and mildew.
Seal concrete roof tiles first thing in the morning or later in the afternoon so the sun does not cause the sealer to dry prematurely. Avoid sealing in direct sunlight and on windy days.
Apply a penetrating concrete sealer like the SILOXA-TEK 8510 in order to prevent water leakage and penetration through concrete roof tiles. Penetrating concrete sealers like the Siloxa-Tek 8510 are inexpensive and straightforward way to prevent future damage to your home, all while helping to prevent mold, mildew, and other problems that can threaten a houses integrity.