Bricks, the ever popular building material especially prominent in northern areas of the country are at risk for numerous efflorescence, mold, mildew and water issues. Usually composed of clay with mortar as a separator, bricks are structurally sound and have been around for thousands of years.
When it comes to sealing bricks you need to look for a silane/siloxane blend sealer like Siloxa-Tek 8500. An industrial grade, industry leading solution, Siloxa-Tek 8500 forms a hydrophobic barrier beneath the surface and seals out moisture while remaining highly vapor permeable and chemically bonding with the substrate. The treated surfaces will show no change in visual appearance from application. Siloxa-Tek 8500 is the best option for bricks since the silane/siloxane molecules have an atomic structure that allows them to effectively penetrate and seal from within. Mold, mildew, efflorescence and moisture have no chance against this high performance sealer. Not only that but the results will be visible before your eyes with an intense water beading effect. Goodbye unsightly efflorescence, mold and mildew problems; by using Siloxa-Tek 8500 your bricks will look like a million dollars.
Other benefits include:
- Becomes an integral part of the concrete, forming a complete body of strength and durability with 100% of the results occurring below the surface.
- Penetrates deeply and seals concretes capillary tracts and shrinkage cracks preventing the growth of mold and mildew.
- Efflorescence attacks are prevented.
- Resists chemical attack and provides a range of protection from freeze/thaw cycles.
- Dries clear. The color and look of the concrete will not change after sealing resulting in 100% transparent and non-slip surfaces.
- Easy to apply, labor-cost effective.
- Nontoxic, Low VOCs and no harmful fumes.