- Always test a small area before application to ensure desired ratio, etch time, coverage rates and to verify application technique.
- Before cleaning or etching, make sure the concrete is free of all oil, contaminants, grease, dirt and rust stains (will not clean grease, oil or rust spots.
- First wet the substrate with water. Apply using a low-pressure pump sprayer. Allow the solution to sit on the substrate for three (3) to ten (10) minutes. Flush throughly with clean water. You do not need to neutralize after using Eco-Etch 1001.
Only mix with water. Mix solution slowly in an open-top plastic container. Stir gently. Ratio varies by desired use: for a lighter etch, two (2) parts water to one (1) part Eco-Etch 1001; for a medium etch, one (1) part water to one (1) part Eco-Ecth 1001 and for a heavier etch, full strength.
Clean equipment and tools with hot soapy water. Unused or old material may be disposed of in a waste disposal site in accordance with local, state and federal laws.
- Proper application is the responsibility of the user.
- Make sure the most current versions of product data sheets and SDS are being used.
- For professional use only. Keep out of reach of children.
Avoid contact with skin, eyes and clothing, do not take internally. Use appropriate safety equipment during application and handling. Please refer to the safety data sheet (SDS) for additional precautionary instructions before use.